Co operative Training
The Cooperative Training Model is a concept created by Soccer Kickstart and it has been successfully delivered for the past 8 years to over 16 Clubs in 4 different associations across Sydney.
The concept is based on educating club coaches as to best practice, providing a professional structured training environment in order to maximise results and overall enjoyment for all involved. Please see below for further details.
What is Co-operative Coaching/Training?
- A Soccer Kickstart Coach Development Officer will deliver a fun packed inservice to all club coaches involved in the program, setting them up with the right tools to understand all drills and objectives as well as dealing with challenging situations that may arise
- Teams of similar age train in the one timeslot set down by the club
- A Soccer Kickstart Head Coach pre-sets all the equipment for training
- A simple and objective Program is emailed weekly to managers/coaches
- Each team/squad of approximately 10 to 14 players are accompanied by a club coach (this does NOT have to be the weekend coach)
- This team/squad, coach and their helpers complete the different stations set up by the Kickstart Head Coach.
- The Kickstart Head Coach will tell squads when to rotate and will help the squads attain a higher level of training and inservice the coaches at the same time.
- The program varies depending on each club but is highly structured with multiple levels of skills for each soccer skill section. The Kickstart Head Coach will follow this program.
- Normally a Conditioned Technical World Cup is held every 3-4 weeks which is fully run by the Kickstart Head Coach with the training coaches support.
What equipment do you need?
We will send you a list of equipment we will require for the sessions. Please note that in order for the program to work effectively we will need all the equipment on this list. If you cannot get some equipment we may be able to bring additional equipment for a small fee.
What the Club Needs to Do?
- All coaches and players know their training day and time (the earlier the better). If the training starts at 4pm ask them to be there 15 minutes early on the first day.
- All training team/squad coaches know they will be required to coach their team (with our Head Coach supporting) and that if they cannot be there they must organise a replacement.
- All equipment is ordered and has come in prior to the starting date. Please make sure it is fully unpacked and that all balls are pumped.
- we have been given a key if we require it to get to equipment and that the equipment is on site. If someone will open up for us please remind them that we will be there at least 45 minutes prior to the session commencing.
To register your interest click on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9802-0909